Haiti Adoption Program
A Helping Hand offers a Haiti program through our affiliate agency Nightlight Christian Adoptions.
Infants and older children are available for adoption from Haiti. Sibling groups and children with special needs are also available.
ELIGIBILITY TO ADOPT
- The age difference between adoptive parents and a child should not be more than 45 years. This requirement can be more flexible with families adopting school-age children and children with special needs.
- At least one parent has to be over 35 years of age.
- Single women are accepted into the program.
- A couple has to be married for at least 10 years
- Families with no children are welcome to adopt from Haiti. Families with biological children are accepted on a case by case basis.
Once your dossier has been completed and submitted to Haiti, you become eligible to receive a referral of a child. Once referral is received, you will have up to 2 weeks days to evaluate your referral and consult with physicians. If you accept it, then your travel will be scheduled. It takes on average 18 months to complete your adoption process from the time of referral.
Only 2 trips are required for adoption from Haiti Each trip is about 5-7 days in length. On your first trip you will meet the child you were referred. You will spend time with your child and at the end of your trip sign an official acceptance of referral. You will go on your second trip after adoption in Haiti is completed and your child’s passport is obtained. You will visit the US Embassy and will have your child evaluated at the medical clinic approved by the Embassy.
The program fee for Haiti is $17,500. Your additional costs will include home study, airfare, hotel, meals and embassy fees as shown on the current Program Fee Schedule. Gifts and other in-country expenses are comparable to other international programs.
If you would like print materials about the program, download the Haiti Adoption Overview. For additional information about this program please click here or contact Kate Feeback at (970) 663-6799 or Kate@Nightlight.org.